As more funds move to digital marketing, it is important to understand how brands can use it to boost brand awareness, engagement, and sales.
- From the first video, what is digital marketing and why is it important?
- What three challenges must brands overcome in using digital marketing?
- Identify the three actions brands must take to get digital marketing right. How can these actions improve customer experiences?
- From the second video, identify the five trends that brands must utilize to create customer engagement and customer loyalty. Why are these trends important for success?
- After watching these two videos, what do you think is the most important thing you learned? Explain why.
Personal selling is one of the primary topics of Chapter 15. Here are a couple of videos that you can use with the chapter and a link to Victor Antonio’s YouTube channel.
- Based on the first video, what are the seven steps in the selling process?
- From the first video, discuss what occurs in each step of the selling process. Apply it to a company selling restaurant supplies to a restaurant.
- Based on the second video, what are the 5 reasons customers do not buy?
- Explain how to overcome the 5 reasons customers don’t buy presented in the second video.
- Go to Victor Antonio’s YouTube channel. Describe the types of videos available on his channel. Why would he post all of these videos on YouTube?
- Pick one of the videos on Victor Antonio’s YouTube channel. Summarize the message in the video. If you were a salesperson calling on floral shops (1st video), how could you use this information?
Here are some videos that you can use with Chapter 14 and the section on Public Relations.
- According to the first video, what is public relations?
- The premise of the second video is that PR should be part of marketing. Would you agree or disagree? What support does the video give for blending of public relations and marketing?
- From the third video, identify the seven ways social media now impacts crisis management.
- Discuss how firms can use social media to manage a crisis.
Here are a couple of videos about product placement that would work well for Chapter 14 and could generate a good discussion about this marketing approach.
- Why do brands invest in product placement rather than use advertising?
- From the first video, list the top 10 product placements. For each, indicate if you agree that it is a good product placement or not. Explain why.
- From the second video, what is digitally-placed product placement?
- Why should companies use digitally-placed product placement?
- For you personally, are product placements effective? Why or why not?
- Watch the third video. Would you agree that these product placements were not done well? Why or why not?
Here are some videos that you can use with Chapter 12.
- Based on the first video, what is integrated marketing communications and why is it important?
- Describe how Tom’s Tours used integrated marketing.
- Do you think integrated marketing is more important for a small business than a large, well-known brand? Why or why not?
- From the second video, identify the major differences between marketing to businesses and consumers. Discuss how each is different.
- Watch the third video and identify examples cited in the video of each stage. Identify one additional example of each stage not mentioned in the video. Justify your examples.
Non-profit organizations often use advertising and marketing techniques to promote their organizations. Here is a TV ad by SPCA that can be used to generate some discussion related to consumer behavior.
- What is your initial reaction to this ad?
- Was the emotional appeal of the ad too strong? Why or why not?
- Who do you think is the target market for this ad?
- Discuss the concepts of selective exposure, selective distortion, and selective retention as it relates to this ad.
- If you were going to target a particular VALS group with this ad, which group would you target? Why?
- Look at the consumer decision process. Which step do you think this advertisement addresses? Justify your choice.