Spike Lee was inducted into the Advertising Hall of Fame in 2015. I found this article in Advertising Age very interesting as well as his interview.
- Do you agree with Spike Lee that general advertising has not been effective in reaching black consumers? Why or why not?
- Where have advertisers succeeded in reaching black consumers? Be specific.
- Where have advertisers failed in reaching black consumers? Be specific.
- In your opinion, what changes do advertisers need to make to reach black consumers?
- Do you think advertisers have been effective in reaching other minority groups, such as Hispanics and Asians? Why or why not?