An important market segment for brands is the millennials. Penry Price, Vice-President of Global Sales Marketing Solutions, LinkedIn, wrote an interesting article.
Millennial Consumers Article
- How are millennials different from other market segments? Provide specific examples.
- Create two lists – one that identifies things millennials like about advertising/marketing and one that identifies things millennials do not like about advertising/marketing.
- Do you agree or disagree with the thoughts presented in the article by Mr. Price? Explain.
If you are looking for an interesting ad and article to launch this marketing class, you may find this useful. It is the newest ad by Dodge where the headlights of the car flashes a Morse code – which says “I’d rather walk than drive your car.”
- Before reading this article, did you know what the Morse code said?
- A primary goal of the ad was to drive buzz on social media. Do you think this ad did that effectively? Why or why not?
- Do you think most people took time to learn what the Morse code was, or did they just watch the ad and ignore the Morse code? For the latter group, do you think the ad was still as effective? Why or why not?
- When you look at the marketing philosophies presented in Chapter 1, which one do you think is being used in this ad? Justify your answer.
Posted in Chapter01