I recently watched several YouTube videos about push/pull marketing and realized there is a misconception of this concept. This video by Professor Richardson will help your students understand this important marketing concept.
- Explain the process of push marketing for a new product, such as a new brand of hair shampoo.
- Explain the process of pull marketing for a new product, such as a new brand of hair shampoo.
- What media and marketing techniques can you use to pull a new brand of hair shampoo through the marketing channel?
This video highlights six factors that influence consumer pricing of products. It is an excellent overview that can be used to summarize Chapter 11 content, or to even launch the chapter.
- Identify and describe each of the 6 factors.
- Think about the company where you work, or one that you have worked for in the past. Rank these factors in order from most important to least important in pricing the goods or services of that company. Explain your ranking rationale.
Posted in Chapter11
Produced by Entrepreneur, this video answers the question on how to market a small service business. The video can be a good lead into Chapter 9, or used as a summary at the end. As you watch the video, identify the key points.
- Do you agree or disagree that content marketing is an effective means of marketing a small service business? Why or why not?
- How important is social media involvement for a small service business? Explain why.
- Why is it dangerous to provide a huge price discount?