I found this video very entertaining and humorous, yet effective in relaying information about coupon marketing. It would be great for the classroom, but also can be used as an assignment.
- What are the benefits of distributing coupons via contest marketing?
- What percentage of coupons distributed are ever redeemed? Why do you think it is such a low percentage?
- What are the advantages of distributing coupons via Facebook and Twitter?
- According to the video, what are the advantages to coupon marketing?
Here is a good animated video by Kelly Roach that reviews various types of sales promotions.
- According to the video, what is the primary goal of sales promotions?
- Why are holidays a good time for sales promotions?
- Why should sales promotions not be used all of the time?
- What are the three goals of promotions?
- What examples of sales promotions does the video give for each promotion goal?
- Of the sales promotions mentioned in the video, which ones are most likely to impact your purchase behavior? Why?
Here are some videos that you can use with Chapter 14 and the section on Public Relations.
- According to the first video, what is public relations?
- The premise of the second video is that PR should be part of marketing. Would you agree or disagree? What support does the video give for blending of public relations and marketing?
- From the third video, identify the seven ways social media now impacts crisis management.
- Discuss how firms can use social media to manage a crisis.
Here are a couple of videos about product placement that would work well for Chapter 14 and could generate a good discussion about this marketing approach.
- Why do brands invest in product placement rather than use advertising?
- From the first video, list the top 10 product placements. For each, indicate if you agree that it is a good product placement or not. Explain why.
- From the second video, what is digitally-placed product placement?
- Why should companies use digitally-placed product placement?
- For you personally, are product placements effective? Why or why not?
- Watch the third video. Would you agree that these product placements were not done well? Why or why not?