Here is an article from GeoMarketing about marketing to Millennials. Since most of your students are millennials, this should be interesting.
- Do you agree that most millennials are ad averse and use ad blockers? Why or why not?
- Do you think it is important for brands to build a relationship with millennials? Why or why not?
- Are your purchases affected by brand influencers? Why or why not?
- The last premise in the article is creating great brand content. How important is this to you, in terms of engaging with a brand?
The millennial generation is an important generation and understanding their consumer behavior characteristics is important to marketers. This video can be used to launch a discussion of consumer behavior or as an assignment for your students.
Video – Millennials: Changing Consumer Behavior
- Why are marketers interested in understanding the millennial generation?
- As you watch the video, write down consumer behavior characteristics of millennials that are highlighted.
- From a marketing perspective, which of the characteristics identified in Question 2 is the most important? Why?
An important market segment for brands is the millennials. Penry Price, Vice-President of Global Sales Marketing Solutions, LinkedIn, wrote an interesting article.
Millennial Consumers Article
- How are millennials different from other market segments? Provide specific examples.
- Create two lists – one that identifies things millennials like about advertising/marketing and one that identifies things millennials do not like about advertising/marketing.
- Do you agree or disagree with the thoughts presented in the article by Mr. Price? Explain.