Produced by Entrepreneur, this video answers the question on how to market a small service business. The video can be a good lead into Chapter 9, or used as a summary at the end. As you watch the video, identify the key points.
- Do you agree or disagree that content marketing is an effective means of marketing a small service business? Why or why not?
- How important is social media involvement for a small service business? Explain why.
- Why is it dangerous to provide a huge price discount?
This ad for JP Morgan Chase could be used to illustrate some of the concepts of Chapter 9, Services Marketing. I believe the ad will help students think a little deeper about the unique characteristics of services.
- After watching the ad, which of the four characteristics of services (intangibility, perishability, inseparability, and variability) does the ad seek to minimize? Why?
- Examine the various forms of risk. Which purchase risks does this ad seek to minimize? Why?
- Do you think this is an effective ad for Chase? Why or why not?
I found this video presents a good overview of services marketing, how it is unique, and how marketers can address the challenges.
- Identify each of the challenges posed by services presented in the video.
- For each of the challenges presented, discuss how it impacts the marketing of a service.
- For each of the challenges presented, discuss methods marketers can use to overcome the challenge.